This game works. You just have to make sure that the paper with the code on it has no creases. So you might want to put Some books on the poster. Also it was helpful to turn the gun on when the phone is scanning the code, then spam the shoot button and the game should start. Hopefully you find this helpful. I also recommend the AR gun game to, its another way to use the toy gun
Don’t waste your time
By Papa 28
Horrible waste of money. Glad I got it on clearance. Still was a wast of money. Only good thing is my boy likes to pretend play with the gun.
By fake games on the real
It scan and scan for 24/7 7days a week
Don’t waste your time money or phone space.
If all you want to do is hold the toy with the phone and scan a poster go for it. But that’s all it does. Scan...scan...scan. No actual game play.
Total waste of money time and space
This entire thing was a mess.
I take everything out. I had my phone out. I follow the instructions:
1. Open the cover and put 2 AAA batteries. My dad picked up AA batteries at the store not AAA, so we had to improvise and get AAA batteries from a flashlight. It didn’t work. Then we thought that the batteries were old, So my dad went to his truck and got another flashlight and we put those batteries in and it worked.
2. Download the app. no problems here.
3. Attach phone. Everything is fine, but whenever I take the phone out I always get pinched. It hurts.
4. Turn on Bluetooth in settings. No problems
5. Activate Bluetooth pairing by pressing the on/off button for 3 seconds. I hold the on/off button for more than 3 seconds. Nothing shows up in the settings. I tried and tried again, but nothing happened. I was so annoyed that I just shrugged it off.
6. Turn on the app in the settings. No problems.
7. Aim the blaster at the posters, and the games will automatically activate. Nothing happened. It transformed the poster into a 3-D version of the poster on the phone, and there was the word “scanning” in the middle of the screen, which was annoying. Then I wondered if it had to do with the Bluetooth connection, so I repeated step 5, same thing happened. Nothing. Then I opened the app, and there was the ships that I was supposed to hit. I was finally connected. But you couldn’t point the camera anywhere else than the poster or else it would disconnect. It wasn’t clear what the point of the game was. I knew the point of the game was to hit the ships, but it was hard to aim. The graphics were low.
Overall, this would be a good device to keep young kids busy, but it was so irritating that I couldn’t finish 2 games. I gave you 2 stars because i am irritated and annoyed.